A Caring Touch: Massage Therapy
COVID-19 Safety Protocol
In order to keep everyone who visits my office for a massage safe and healthy, the following protocol will be put in place for the time being until we get the instruction that the COVID-19 virus is no longer a threat.
Thank you for your cooperation.
1. Time between appointments will be increasing from 15 min to 30 min. Clients who arrive early for appointments may not be able to start their appointments early like I usually do to allow for full room cleaning time.
2. Waterproof moisture barriers will be used under sheets and face rest covers as an additional layer of protection between the sheets and the table. All sheets and moisture barriers will continue to be changed between clients and washed with bleach before being used again.
3. Hand sanitizer will be available for clients to use upon entering and exiting the treatment room.
4. Massage products (lotions, oils, etc) will be dispensed into single-use disposable containers to avoid cross-contamination via product containers such as lotion bottles.
5. Between appointments, the table, product containers, and the rest of the room including tables, chair, door handles, and coat rack will be cleaned with both bleach wipes and Barbicide.
6. During the room cleaning between each appointment, the room will be sanitized with a UVC sanitizing light for 15 minutes. Room will be sanitized for a full 60 minutes at the end of the day. There is also a UV air purifier in the room that will run throughout the day and overnight.
7. Therapist will continue to wash hands before and after every client, and in addition, therapist will wear a fresh mask while working on each client.
8. Clients are asked to wear a mask coming into and leaving the treatment room, but for their comfort I personally will not be requiring a mask to be worn during the massage unless the client chooses to wear one.
- Many clients so far are opting to wear their masks while laying face up on the table, and removing them when they turn face down, and this is appreciated for my safety, but I do leave this decision up to the individual client.